Criminal Defense | Personal Injury| DWI| Traffic
Dickson Young is a preeminent trial lawyer and senior partner of Whitestone Young,
an established practice in Fairfax, Virginia. Mr. Young has over 40 years of experience and is known statewide for his expertise in criminal, DUI, traffic and plaintiff personal injury litigation. He is admitted to practice before all State and Federal courts in Virginia and Washington, D.C. as well as the United States Supreme Court.
As a litigator, Mr. Young has tried and argued cases at all levels of the Virginia court system. This has enabled him to represent a diverse group of individuals, including; elected officials, industry professionals, judges, police officers, and professional athletes. Mr. Young has a wealth of legal expertise and experience, and his approach to serving the client is regarded, by his peers, as amicable and resourceful. In one instance Mr. Young, through his common sense approach to litigation, was able to win his client’s acquittal and in doing so induced the Virginia legislature to change the law to better serve the people of the Commonwealth. He puts himself in the shoes of those he represents and appreciates how important a persons freedom is. He is known for working tirelessly for his client in controlling the outcome of a case and fighting to protect their rights.
Areas of Practice
• Criminal Law
• Traffic Defense
• Personal Injury
• Virginia, 1977
• District of Columbia, 1978
• U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
• Supreme Court of the United States of America
• George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
- J.D. Magna Cum Laude
• Adelphi University Garden City, NY.
- B.A. Cum Laude
Mr. Young is also an avid outdoorsman, with hobbies
that include golf, fly-fishing, skiing.
Professional Associations and Memberships
• American Bar Association
• Virginia State Bar
• Bar Association of the District of Columbia
• Fairfax County Bar Association
• Fairfax Plaintiff’s Bar Limited (founding member)
• Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
• Virginia Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
• American Association of Justice
• National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
• The Wildlife Center of Virginia, Board Member
• AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
• “Legal Elite”in the category of Criminal Law
• “Top Lawyers” by Washingtonian Magazine in the category
of Personal Injury
• “Super Lawyers” in the Commonwealth of Virginia
and Washington, D.C.
• “Top Lawyers” by Northern Virginia Magazine
Mr. Young’s philosophy is to leave no stone unturned in the defense of freedom.